Monday, September 22, 2014

Blog Post 3

After reading and doing the activities in Learning to Teach: A Critical Approach to Field Experiences and doing the field experience I saw that I was more judgmental in situations that I thought. Many times I found myself predicting what was going to happen in a situation before it happened. At times I was right and other times I was wrong. I don't think it is necessarily wrong to try to think of the possible outcomes of some situations because it could end up helping you solve an issue before it happens but as I am looking to become a teacher I feel I also need to be able to let a situation develop and try to watch and analyze what is happening as it goes and just watch what happens. I find being able to sit back and watch without making judgment is a hard but important skill for teachers to have. Watching how kids function without interruption can teach a teacher a lot about how their students work and develop and can help them become a better teacher. My question I propose is why do we make judgments before we see how the whole situation is played out? Is it because we are too impatient to wait or because we think we can predict the situation before it happens or is there another reason that we do this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment