Wednesday, September 3, 2014

About me

Hi, I am Tainne Dallas and I am from Springville, New York which is near the Buffalo area. I eventually want to be a guidance counselor but I also have a passion for sports so I am considering going into the Multi-Age Education program. This past summer I worked at the Boys and Girls Club and volunteered in a challenger league where we play baseball with physically and mentally handicapped kids. Through these experiences I have grown a love for kids and it has inspired me to go into a career where I work with kids. I have a passion for sports and would love to be able to coach as well in some point in my career. I am an extreme klutz, I trip on at least one thing a day and drop everything I touch. Having respect from my classmates is something that helps me feel free to express myself in the classroom.  I like to be prepared for class and ready to contribute. I enjoy participating in classroom discussion but feel unsure of my answers at times and therefore hesitant to answer. I do not feel my writing skills are up to par from not being prepared from high school. This is the area I feel I need the most work but I am willing to put in the work with going to the writing center for advice on my papers and taking critical feed back from my professor and classmates. I enjoy learning in multiple ways that keep all of my skills sharp. One thing I struggle with is reading online texts so I will usually print it off so I am able to take notes right on the text. When I am struggling with an assignment I try to ask a friend if they have a better understanding of it and if I still don't feel like I have a very good grasp on the assignment I will go see the professor for extra help. During my senior year in high school I took a public speaking class to help me improve on giving speeches in front of groups of people. At the beginning of the class I struggled in being confident in myself but by the end of the class I was able to stand in front of the class for 20 minutes and speak on a subject I was passionate about without having to refer to my notecards for every thought. I am worried that once I am all through with my schooling there it will be very difficult to receive a job because of all the cuts that are being made. What is your outlook on jobs in the future for educators?

No comments:

Post a Comment